Code of Conduct
One of the goals of PBGC is to provide a safe, fun learning environment for the youth of our community. We strive to create an opportunity for kids to work together as a team toward a common goal. We emphasize sportsmanship, teamwork, responsibility, and respect for authority figures: coaches, game and league officials, player, parents and other spectators.
PBGC will not tolerate verbal or physical abuse of any person on the premises. All persons on the PBGC premises are expected to abide by the Code of Conduct described here at all PBGC events. While most people will abide by this Code of Conduct without being instructed, this code is being published to protect PBGC participants, the integrity of our programs and emphasize the values of PBGC.
1. I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or sporting event.
2. I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as: taunting, refusing to shake hands, or using profane language or gestures.
3. I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and I (and my guests) will refrain from their use at practices and games
4. I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for them, not adults.
5. I will inform PBGC of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
6. I will learn the rules of the game and the policies of the league of the sport(s) mu child/children participate in.
7. I will not encourage any behavior or practices that would endanger the health and well-being of the athletes.
8. I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
9. I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
10. I will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his/her performance.
11. I will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard, and I will make my child feel like a winner every time they are at practice or playing in a game.
12. I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a game.
13. I will emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit my child over winning.
14. I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the athlete ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
15. I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss or confront coaches at the game field and will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
16. I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches.
17. I understand that it is the coaches’ job to coach and run practice as they see fit, and I will not interfere during practices or games.
18. I will refrain from standing near and/or around the bench during games.
Consequences of Behavior
1. Any one that conducts their behavior in a manner not consistent with the spirit of this Code of Conduct will receive a verbal warning from, coach, official, commissioner/President of the sport or a Club Board Member.
2. Second offense person will receive a written warning and be removed from the event.
3. Third offense the person will be banned from events at PBGC for the remainder of the year and receive a written notice.
4. Anyone who physically assaults another person at a PBGC event will be removed immediately banned from PBGC events for rest of year and have law enforcement authorities called on them.
5. Physical assault includes but is not limited to: hitting, kicking, slapping, pushing, spitting or striking in any way with any part of the body or physical implement.